Spring recipes to enjoy with G.H. Mumm Champagne
Try these three recipes paired with Mumm Cordon Rouge, Grand Cordon Rose & Vintage.
Duck and pepper purée with chorizo
Plate up the flavours of Spain with this piquant, smoky dish. The dish pairs perfectly with G.H. Mumm’s Cordon Rouge. The lively bubbles and clean palate help to balance the rich seared duck breast and the intensely-flavoured puree.
- 1 duck breast
- 2 red capsicums
- 1 tomato
- 1/2 garlic clove
- 1 tsp mild chi l li powder
- 30g chorizo
- 1 glass water
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt pepper
- Roughly chop the chorizo and brown it in a saucepan with 1/2 chopped garlic clove in the olive oil.
- Add the crushed tomato and capsicums , then the mild chili powder, and add a glass of water.
- Leave to form until the pepper is cooked, add salt and pepper. Mix everything and filter with a strainer.
- Nick the duck skin lengthways. Cook the duck breast in a frying pan with no added fat for 2 min on each side, then put into the oven at 200°C for 8 min.
- Halve the duck breast lengthways.
- Put a little sauce on a plate and place the duck breast on either side of it.
Pancake, cream, trout roe and wild garlic pesto
The inventive pesto here features wild garlic leaves, adding a gentle garlicky bite to the succulent trout roe that sit atop a delicious savoury pancake. Complement the earthy flavours with a glass of unconventionally-structured and elegant and G.H. Mumm Grand Cordon Rosé.
- 250g flour
- 3 eggs
- 60g butter
- 250 ml milk
- 1/2 sachet baking powder
- 1 potato
- 1 pinch of salt
Wild Garlic Pesto
- 100g wild garlic
- 30g pine nuts
- 30ml olive oil
- 30g grated parmesan or pecorino romano
- 50g trout roe
- 50g cream
- 3 sprigs of chives
Wild Garlic Pesto
- Wash the wild garlic leaves and remove the base of the stem. Cut them into strips, then put them in the blender bowl with the salt, pine nuts and oil.
- Blend in fits and starts, then add the parmesan. If it is too dry, add a bit more oil.
- Mix the flour, salt and baking powder in a large salad bowl
- Pour the milk and melted butter into it and mix thoroughly
- Blend in the eggs and mix again Finely grate the potato and mix
- Butter a frying pan and put it on a high heat When it is really hot, pour in a small ladleful of pancake mixture Leave to cook for about 2 min Then when small bubbles appear on the surface of the pancake, flip it over and leave to cook for 2 3 min
- Arrange the pancakes on a plate Top with 1 tablespoonful of cream 1 tablespoonful of trout roe and the wild garlic pesto
- Garnish with a few baby shoots or flowers and some finely chopped chives
Fontainebleau with goat fromage blanc and kiwi with basil
Simple yet delicious, a Fontainebleau is made with just a few ingredients, with a goat’s fromage blanc adding a subtle tang to the sweet base. Rich and voluptuous with a long, fresh, and mineral finish, G.H. Mumm Vintage is the perfect counterpoint to the sweet cream.
- 100g whipping cream
- 100g goat fromage blanc
- 10 basil leaves
- 2 kiwis
- 3 tablespoonfuls acacia honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 teaspoonful olive oil
- Peel the kiwis and cut them into small triangles.
- Beat the whipping cream containing the seeds from the vanilla pod with a beater and add the honey. Blend the whipped cream into the goat fromage blanc using a spatula.
- Put mixture into a piping bag.
- Form a nice ball of cream on a plate and add the pieces of kiwi. Sprinkle with basil and finish off with a drizzle of olive oil.