View our latest statement regarding attendances at the 2020 Melbourne Cup Carnival.> READ MORE
Love Letter to Cup Week
“Dear Cup Week, I love you…”
Cup Week sparks joy and devotion in us all.
We fall head over heels each spring as one of our true loves draws near.
To celebrate the 2020 Melbourne Cup Carnival, the VRC and 3AW’s Ross Stevenson are asking Australian’s to share their fondest Cup Week memories, expressed as a love letter!
Was it your first ever time watching the Lexus Melbourne Cup in person? Did you witness a champion win on Flemington’s famous straight? Did you meet your racing hero? Is it the traditions you have shared with friends and family, coming together for ‘the race that stops a nation™’? We want to uncover the most fascinating, amusing and emotional tales from Cup Week’s rich and cherished history.
Share a precious moment and fall in love all over again! There are some wonderful prizes for the most creative, inspiring and heartfelt love letters.
As part of this competition, we are inviting entrants to make a donation to VRC and 3AW charity partner, Very Special Kids.
To enter, follow these simple instructions and tips:
- Write a love letter to Cup Week telling us in 350 words or less your favourite Melbourne Cup Carnival memory.
- You must begin your love letter with “Dear Cup Week, I love you…”
- We highly encourage entries to be creative, and they do not have to follow the traditional written letter format. You may submit a short story, poem or even a song. Don’t be afraid to use drama, humour or emotion in your letter.
- Upload your love letter and complete the form here.
Entries can be submitted between 12:01am Friday 9 October - 5:00pm Tuesday 27 October 2020.
Grand Prize Winner to be announced live during Ross & Russel’s breakfast show on 3AW on Thursday 29th October 2020 between 5:30 – 8:30am.
This competition is open to Australian residents aged 18 years and over.
Each Thursday, our favorite four Love Letters from the previous week will receive a $100 Myer voucher.
At the conclusion of the competition, the best Love Letter as determined by the judging team will win:
- A TCL TV package valued at $1,000
- A Cup Week at Home catering experience and styling pack for Lexus Melbourne Cup Day valued at $650
- A $500 Myer gift card
Weekly winners and the grand prize winner will be notified by the Victoria Racing Club with instructions on how to claim their prize.